At the Traidcraft Roadshow a few weeks ago, we tasted new chocolate.
These new Traidcraft chocolates are branded More Than Just Chocolate.
I don’t eat chocolate normally, so I wasn’t able to taste chocolate like a connoisseur. Tasting chocolate, however, was fun, as it somehow made me look important. I did make an effort to pretend I knew chocolate and I hovered around the table for quite a while.
I learnt a new fascinating English word — snapability! It’s how experts describe if a chocolate snaps well, so that you can share the chocolate evenly to stop possible fighting. Snapability! Traidcraft has improved chocolate snapability! An improved snapability may have improved world peace. You never know.
I’ve learnt of a few facts from the Traidcraft website:
- Traidcraft has been involved in fair trade chocolate since the 1980s.
- Traidcraft sold the first fair trade chocolate bar
- Traidcraft were behind the first Fairtrade chocolate chip, which enabled the development of other Fairtrade chocolate products
- Now, every mainstream chocolate company has at least one Fairtrade product
- Traidcraft has always been about supporting and developing the work or small-scale producers
- Traidcraft has worked with European partners to seek out small-scale cocoa farmers in Peru, Bolivia, Ivory Coast and the Dominican Republic.
Traidcraft – Fighting poverty through trade. You can buy More Than Just Chocolate online or contact me for more information.