I’m truly honoured to have received 5 awards from my blogger friends in the past few months. These friends are Colline, wordswithnannaprawn, lifeonwry, Daniela from Lantern Post and theretiringsort. I bet you’ll enjoy their company as much as I do.
If you click the individual image below, you’ll reach their blog posts about my nominations.
With these friendly awards, I was asked to reveal a bit about myself. I’ll try my best.
1) Where: I’m an ethnic Chinese from Malaysia. I got my first degree in Taiwan. I ended up living in a small suburb in England. This must be fate.
2) What: I’m an academic. I teach Mandarin and do translation for a living. I’m also a Fair Trader. I also make cards and origami for fun. I like being busy.
3) When: I came to England in 1996 to study. I ended up marrying a white man, who can say ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ in Chinese.
4) Who: I have mixed identities. I supported Lee Chong Wei (李宗伟, from Malaysia) instead of the brilliant Lin Dan（林丹, from China）in the London Olympics 2012 Badminton Final because Lee Chong Wei was an underdog. But he lost.
5) How: I’ve been blogging in English since Apr 2012 to improve my English, to find my voice, to connect to the world. I enjoy the learning curve. I’m here to stay.