WordPress Daily Prompt: Ha Ha Ha
Teenagers often ask me, “Miss, where’re you from?”
One day, some kids asked me the same question. I replied, “You guess.”
They examined my black hair, yellow face.
“Miss, You’re Korean. Gangnam Style! I’ll show you the Gangnam Style, Miss!”
“Japan! Konichiwa, Miss!”
I tried to help: “Look, children, look at my face. I’m Chinese.”
“Hong Kong! China!”
I tried to help more: “Put it this way, children. I’m from Southeast Asia – have you heard of it, Southeast Asia? And, my country begins with the letter M.”
p/s: Like the delightful, inquisitive children, if you don’t know the answer either, check out my most popular post to date: Am I British enough?
My Related Posts:
- Am I British enough?
- Test yourself on the new British Immigration exam
- When did you last go home?
- Visiting a Columbarium in Singapore
- A poignant visit to a Singapore columbarium
- Why are we all called Jade?
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Urban life in Singapore
- Postcard from Singapore: East vs West
- Postcard from Singapore: Satay
- Weekly Writing Challenge: My Mum’s Net